Agriculture 4.0: in a nutshell, what it’s all about
Agriculture 4.0 can be considered the evolution of precision agriculture, which consists of using data to decide on the most targeted and efficient interventions to be made in the field. An evolution that leads to a complete integration of machinery, tools, technologies and strategies that simplifies the work of the farmer while bringing numerous benefits to his or her business; an interconnected use of advanced technologies that aims to make agricultural production more efficient and sustainable.
To become a 4.0 farmer, what can you do?
Rely on digital 4.0 technologies, that is, those that enable the automatic collection, integration and analysis of data from the field, sensors or other sources. Technologies such as farm management software, monitoring and control systems for agricultural machinery and equipment, crop and soil mapping services, decision support systems, remote monitoring systems for farm infrastructure, drone field treatment services, remote management and monitoring systems for indoor crops, and robots for field activities.
How much does it cost to become a 4.0 farmer?
Market research confirms that, given the costs involved, it is mostly large companies and supply chains that are adopting precision farming systems. Subsidies such as tax credits, however, are able to enable even farms with lower economic returns to afford to invest in 4.0 technologies. The lack of information clarity does not allow for the best understanding of the long-term benefits of innovative agriculture and all the financing that can be accessed to take advantage of them while saving money.
Why should I?
Entering the world of Agriculture 4.0 allows you to:
- decrease waste of fertilizer, pesticides and water
- integrate machinery and optimize its use
- track the supply chain by monitoring each stage of the production process
- reduce the margin of error and achieve certified, quality production
- measure the environmental impact of crops
- accurately plan all stages of cultivation, planting and harvesting
- increase productivity and achieve greater cost control
- prevent and reduce damage from pests, diseases, weeds and weather phenomena
- simplify decision-making and receive specialized support
- reduce time to comply with regulatory obligations
- save time on daily activities
- effectively manage all resources, from workers to facilities
Are you ready to get started?
ABACO will accompany and guide you on this innovative journey!
After reading this article, you may be wondering how to begin your path to digitizing your business.
You can proceed on your own, we have developed ABACO Farmer to enable anyone to succeed in just a few steps to set up their plots and start using it.
Do you have special needs? Schedule a DEMO with our expert. We can recommend a course tailored to your needs and customize the platform.